Terms and Conditions, Legal Notices and Disclaimer
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website at www.acumenaccountants.com.au (“Website”). In using this Website, the Website visitor (“you”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the Website.
Acumen Accountants and Advisors Pty Ltd ACN 169 925 099 (“we”) reserve the right to revise these Terms & Conditions at any time; therefore, you should visit this page periodically to review the Terms & Conditions. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this Website. Your continued use of the Website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
The information provided at this Website should not be considered legal or financial advice. The Website is for general informational purposes only, is provided free of charge and does not constitute advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for personalised, professional accounting or other advice. You should not rely on any information in this Website without obtaining specific advice.
While we endeavor to ensure information provided is accurate, to the extent permissible at law we disclaim all representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the website and its contents.
We do not accept responsibility for an loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence) which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of the Website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms and Conditions is hereby excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following (a) if the breach relates to goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired and (b) if the breach relates to services, the supplying of the services again or te payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any interference or damage to your own computer which arises in connection with your use of this Website or any linked web site.
Use of Website and Website Materials
The contents of this Website, including text, graphics, images, logos, icons, photographs, audiovisual material and other content (“Website Material”) are protected by copyright. Copyright in that material is owned by or licensed to us.
You may access, print and view the Website Material for the purpose of your personal use of this Website. Other than for the purposes of your personal use of this Website, and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not without our written permission, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any Website Material; or
- commercialise or on-sell any information obtained from any part of this Website;
Our website may enable user interaction and submissions. If and to the extent that it does:
- You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose and not to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- You agree not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- You agree not to submit any information about any person by which they may personally identified without their prior consent or compromises another person’s privacy or breaches confidentiality.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You agree not to submit content that contains material that is inappropriate, tasteless, unlawful, threatening, abusive, hateful, profane, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, racially vilifying, deliberately provocative or indecent.
- You agree not to submit content that is of nuisance value, inappropriate, off topic or vexatious.
- You agree not to violate the property rights of others, and you agree not to post any content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You agree not to upload files, or cause users to upload files, that contain viruses, worms, “Trojan horses”, corrupted files, or any similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of another’s computer.
- You agree not to advertise any goods or services. “Junk mail”, “spamming,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” and similar activities are strictly prohibited.
- You agree not to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
All trade marks referred to on this Website are, unless otherwise expressed or implied, owned by or licensed to us.
This Website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners of operators of those linked websites, or of any materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
Security of Information and data and system integrity
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit is at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website or any content will be available uninterrupted or error free or that any defects in the Website will be corrected.
You agree to indemnify us and our employees for any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred arising from any unlawful use of this Website or breach of these terms.
Termination of access
Access to this Website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. To the extent possible these Terms and Conditions survive such termination.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in the State of Victoria, Australia.